Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Operation Placebo Stalking - Success!

Gosh... I couldn't believe I did this!!

Gotta thank my informants! Without you I'm nothing ^_^

Placebo were here to perform on 16.3.2010 at KL Live

Since it's very rare to get bands to perform here, me & my lovely gig mates decided to meet up with Placebo, so we did some research on the band's whereabouts while they are here in M'sia!

Our prediction of the band's arrival at KLIA was correct ^_^ (Sunday, 14.3.2010 @ 8pm)

But I didn't go cos my lovely mates were not available at the time, so I chickened out

See their arrival here

Then, the next day, we got another info. The press conference will be held at Hotel XX on gig day, but at what time, we did not know.

Me & mates reconvened, but then ,F was only coming for the gig proper, while L said that she wasn't free until about 3pm

I thought to myself, since I already have the info (although without knowing the exact time), what the heck, I'm just going to take my chance!

So with a little bit of guessing - I thought the press conf should finish by lunch time around 1pm

I sneaked out of office at noon (syhhh this is a secret!), bought a silver marker pen, to be signed on the Placebo t-shirt I got the previous day (it comes with buying early bird tickets).

Arrived at Hotel XX at 12.30, found out that there's a media conference at Level 6, and Meet & Greet, also at Level 6. (There was a Meet & Greet contest organized by Fly Fm, but I wasn't a winner, heck, I didn't even enter the competition!)

At first I hung around the lobby, contemplating should I go up or not? I texted L on my situation, and she told me to "Just go up there and pretend you're someone important!"

I thought again, I've come all this way, just do it!

So I mustered all the courage I had, and went up Level 6. I saw a Fly Fm rep there and asked her if she knew what the schedule was like (I told her I was a stalker!). I was thinking of approaching the band once they were done with the interviews.

But then I was given a pleasant surprise! Allison (I have to mention her name, such a sweet girl!) of Fly Fm told me that some of the winners were not there yet, although it was almost time for the meet & greet session. Although they eventually turned up, she still let me in! I can't thank her enough!!!!!!!!!!!

So there I was - in the Meet & Greet session. Got to meet the band and got our stuff autographed.

It was a reaaallly shooort session, lasting about 10 minutes only. We shook hands, greeted a little, got the autographs, had a group photo and that's about it. But then again, I'm grateful that I got the lucky break to meet them ^_^

After the group photo, Brian & Stefan immediately left, while Steve still hung around, obliging to the fans for individual photos. I was too late to take a pix with him though.

Anyway, here's a link to the press conf with Junk
More pictures of Meet & Greet from Fly Fm here

Here's my signed t-shirt ^_^



**Post Gig**
We got our informant to reveal their flight departure as well (17.3.2010 @ 4.30pm) . But we got it quite late (I asked for it quite late actually). So we only went to Hotel XX when they were checking out, but was restrained (ahem!) by security.

Well we didn't do anything untoward actually. I just asked the security lady nicely if we could meet up the band again, but she said No. So I just gave her the Thank You card we bought for the band to be passed to them. Hope it makes through! (It will probably be kept by Steve I think)

Come back again, soon!

Note: I know I sound like a starstruck 19-year old. But it's true really, I have waited since I was 19, so I was 19 again that day ;-)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice 1 lady, good job!! B-)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home