Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pau, France (and 1 nite in Paris)

Alhamdulillah, I got an opportunity of a lifetime to present a paper on the project I'm working on (for my MSc) in Pau (pronounced Po), southern France, at the French-Spanish border, bordered (sorry for the lack of vocab) by the Pyrennees mountain (which I've included here) for the Petroleum Phase Behaviour & Fouling Conference at Palais Beaumont.

I'm ever so greatful to my supervisor (En Jamal Ibrahim-not in pix), our consultant who is super nice - Mr Petr Toma who coached me a lot, Kak Intan & Kak Sapiah for their help and Mr George Hirasaki (Japanese American..Texan lagi tu..) who was super friendly (& super tall) & really interested in our project. We also had a lovely gala dinner at King Henry IV's castle.

Detoured to Paris for one night after the conference, but just managed the usual suspects - Arc De Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Eiffel Tower & Musee de Louvre. No, didn't go into the museum, apparently 1 day is not enough.















Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home